Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Face Wash vs. Face Wipes



Lately, I found myself questioning whether my nightly face routine is doing enough to keep my skin looking best as can be.. and I found myself afraid to ask the question whether face wipes are enough to clean my face at night. I was afraid because the majority of the time I prefer to grab a wipe in the comfort of my room, than to go to the bathroom sink to wash my face. Sometimes I just don't want to take the extra minutes to wash my face with a cleanser. But after doing some research, I found that more often than not, I should be washing it. Yes, I wish it was as easy as lying in bed while wiping my face off (some nights I'm just that lazy!), but the truth is that while the wipes do a great job of removing makeup and dirt, they simply cannot replace the cleanliness that you get from water and face wash.

When washing with a cleanser, the water ensures that all dirt or grime is removed. With a wipe, you are limited to whatever dirt it is able to reach on the surface of the skin, or until you have used up the whole wipe. However, you should be using wipes if you are not able to wash your face because it is better than nothing at all. It is recommended that you use wipes two to three times a week, and wash your face the other nights. 

So all in all, I have learned that the wipes are a great makeup remover and a facial refresher but they should not replace the act of washing your face on a daily basis. I think I will try washing more often, and leave the wipes for nights when I absolutely do not have the energy to use a cleanser.



P.S. I felt it was appropriate to add this because this is another reason I dread washing my face.. It can get messy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat. But I've been using the non-oily wipes from Neutrogena and they truly do take ALL of my face makeup off. They suck for mascara though. Great post!

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete